August 18, 2008

the garden of kunming

most of our days here are filled with studying chinese, meeting with people, prepping for our next english lesson or just taking the extra time it requires to get normal things done here in china...but last friday, we had a little bit of time to go out and enjoy a fun site in kunming - the Expo Garden. flowers everywhere, a fantastic bonsai garden that even mr. miyagi would appreciate, and dozens of wonderful little corners to sit and enjoy the great day together in kunming. jon especially enjoyed the beautiful hanging baskets (see photo). and it didn't even rain...until we got home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! This looks right up my alley! I just put the Garden Mums out on my back porch . . . I can't believe it, but Fall is right around the corner.

Jeremy said...

Very nice pose in front of the baskets Jon! Missing you guys, Oct is coming quick though.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! How are those Chinese lessons coming, BTW?!?

Aaron Smith said...

looks like jon is auditioning for the next disney movie, high school musical china. I'm not going to tell you what I think liss is looks like she's doing in the bottom picture. I know, my comments are a little junior high.