July 31, 2010

Business Class

For the first time ever, Jon and I were thrilled to enjoy traveling Business Class on our flights back to China. With an overbooked flight out of Minneapolis, Delta asked if we’d be willing to fly 2 hours later, and take a slightly different route to get over to Shanghai...in return they would upgrade our seats, and give us some vouchers for future travel. They hardly got the the full offer out before we both said an enthusiastic - Yes! I can’t even begin to tell you how giddy we felt when we boarded the plane through the ‘priority’ line, and turned left onto the plane instead of right. If you’ve ever flown on one of these big planes, you know what I’m talking about...always looking longingly up at those cushy seats with comforters, everyone having their pre-flight drinks, and having enough leg room that even Shaq could lay straight. And the flight attendants were actually sweet too - amazing! Needless to say, I slept like a baby, ate like a queen and even wished we had 10 more hours of flying to enjoy. I’m totally ruined...I’ll never be able to fly coach class without complaining again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great! I always hoped for one of those upgrades before we had kids but never got one. And I think the chances that a family of six would be bumped to business class is, well...there is no chance. :-)