July 15, 2008

cafe

I closed the silver spoon tonight as the "veteran".  It's funny how coffee shops always throw people into closing before they fully know how to close.  I think it's the "experience is the best teacher" theory because as much and as good as they can train you, it all goes to mush when you're on your own.  No big deal though cause I figured it out tonight without a whole lot of issues.  I must admit there is something about slinging drinks (one for me, one for the customer, one for me, another one for me), dishing out desserts, closing the register, doing dishes, mopping floors and cleaning espresso machines that makes me a bit nostalgic.  I can't help but think back to espresso royale on hennepin and 13th.  I absolutely love that shop and thinking about it always brings to mind two people...Elissa and Kip.  I met them both there.  One will be in my life forever, the other was there for a season. I really hope i was a factor in Kip's life for that season. anyway, here's your pensive cafe thought for the day: you really never know when people are going to move in and out of your life...be a factor and make a difference while you can. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey brother... I remember the day you met the redbull and what a day that was. and Kip he was grand. Thanks for the reminder about people in and out of your life. I think about that a lot as i work at Starbucks. It is amazing how they let you do things at coffee shops that you not really ready to do... experience is a teacher.